- All our waste paper is recycled; we even sort it into white and coloured to reduce energy costs when re-pulping.
- All paper purchased is manufactured from Sustainable Forests and is Chlorine Free.
- Our inks are vegetable oil based.
- We produce educational material free of charge for local education establishments and charities. We donate any spare paper stocks to local schools and nurseries for children to use: a valuable resource for education.
- All waste developer, ink, ink tins and other chemicals are recycled in accordance with Environmental Agency regulations by an approved waste agency.
- All our used metal plates are recycled, they are a valuable source of high quality aluminium. We no longer use film and associated chemicals: we produce direct to plate or print digitally as appropriate for best environmental and economic benefits.
- Our printing machines are cleaned with recycled cotton cloths which are laundered and re-used.
- There is a high level of awareness and best practice of energy savings in the workplace, including using excess heat from our presses to heat other areas of our factory.
- We use small vans for small parcels and large vans for large consignments. Print is also despatched overnight with other consignments for optimum use of fuel and resources.
What we do
Sustainability lies at the heart of our business. We have embarked upon a journey to help minimise the environmental impacts of printing. To achieve this we direct our efforts as follows:
- We have environmental management procedures to minimise the impact of our own production facilities, processes and investments.
- We have an environmental education programme to influence our staff, our customers and the wider community.
- We take our role seriously within our industry to help drive environmental improvment in the printing and paper business.